Wednesday 11 February 2009

Favourite TV

So a few weeks ago I read a story that they were bringing back one of my favourite TV shows of all time, "Minder" for those of you who don't know this was a big show in the 80's staring George Cole as Arthur Daley a loveable spiv/rogue (would you buy a used car from this man) and Dennis Waterman as Terry Mcann his Minder, together they get into various dodgy deals, scrapes fights etc. In the original the scripts were fantastic and the acting and characterisation both faultless. The new one has arrived on the TV much faster than I thought it would (Second Episode is on Channel 5 tonight) it isn't so much a remake as a re-invention and stars Shane Richie as a distant relative of Arthur Daley and a guy called Max Shrapnel (wtf) as his Minder. Unlike most people I atcually like Shane Richie so was quite impressed when I heard he had been cast in the role (I thought Shane really cheered Eastenders up when he was first in it**) Well I have all my fingers crossed that it's not as bad as it could be. I'll do a small review and let you know what I think when I've watched the first couple of episodes.

** Note I no longer watch Eastenders as I cannot bear the despair any longer, still enjoy Corrie but I wish they would go back to 2-3 episodes a week, 4-5 is just too many.

No comments: