Sunday 22 March 2009

Great Weekend before a tough week

Heading towards the end of a fab weekend which is great because this week could be pretty tough going.
As always the weekend started slightly early (I finish at 4pm on a Friday) I knew I wasn't going to be in the office next week so Friday was a tough day catching up on things etc but by the time I left everything was sorted. Nice relaxing Friday evening with a few beers and some TV nothing special or out of the ordinary.
Saturday morning we didn't have anything planned until 11.00am so Catherine very nicely let me have a little lie in while she got up and gave Emma breakfast. We had arranged to do a second viewing on a house in Blewbury at 11.30 it's a 4 bedroom semi but is quite small for a 4 bedroomed house and the garden is very compact, so we are in two minds whether it is good enough, we did make a decision on the other house we saw in Blewbury that the Oil CH and the slight untidiness of the surrounding area was enough for us not to move forward, its a shame, it was a lovely house but was just not meant to be.
Saturday afternoon we went off to do Grocery shopping this is becoming more eventful as Emma gets older, apparently 2 is just the right age to run around Sainsburys like a mad girl causing general havoc, she always seems to be better behaved in Waitrose but hey we can't afford to shop there every week. Saturday evening was spent with my lovely wife a bottle of chenin blanc and a good film (oh and some Pizza Express, cheesey garlic bread) the Film was Swimming Pool starring Charlotte Rampling, very French with a weird twist at the end which I didn't really get, very enjoyable film though.

Sunday was mothers day hence Catherine's turn to have a nice lie in, Emma and I got up and had some breakfast pretty early (7.30), did some playing watched some TV, we had fun which is good as I'm not gonna be around much next week. The weathers been pretty good in Oxfordshire this past week so we decided to go out and have a picnic, we packed sandwiches croissants and drinks in a bag along with a throw and off we went for a walk down the Thames, weather wasn't quite as good as yesterday but we had fun and Emma loved eating outdoors, she loved it even more when we then went to the playpark she has learnt the word swing in the past few days so was shouting that a lot, oh and if anybody dares mention the word 'slide' then you get an instant 'wheeeeeeeeee'
Emma was a little angry when we left the playpark but this is quite normal and she was looking very tired by this time. When we got back home Emma went off for a sleep, this was the trigger to go and do some gardening, well it was more throwing some stuff in a bin to be honest, Cath is the gardener in this family, I'm just a labourer. To be honest I can't stand gardening as a rule but do feel I ought to help now and again and it's good to feel you have contributed :) Next...... the car needs washing it has done for quite some time so did that (not very well I noticed afterwards but never mind I did try) finally had a sit down and a cuppa then Emma was up again, we played in the Garden for an hour or so (while cath cooked dinner) which was great fun.
BTW for those wondering Emma very cleverly compiled a load of video of herself from when she was a baby and put it on a usb memory stick (I did offer some guidance) for a mothers day present for Cath.
Was hard to say goodnight to Emma tonight and put her in her cot, I'm on a training course in London this week which means leaving the house at 6.15 and not getting home till around 8pm, plus on wed and thu I am staying over. It will be hard to not see my little girl all week but it's some training I have wanted to do for ages (vmware) and it's only a week so I'm sure we'll get through it.
Sorry if the post was a little mundane and normal day but you know sometimes thats the way life is, to me it wasn't mundane and normal, it was a lovely weekend.
Right gotta go to bed early so i can get up at 5.45 will try and blog some more about the training course during the week.

No comments: